• Advertisement

see an error in the picture in this?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

see an error in the picture in this?

Postby 38racing » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:20 pm

38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: see an error in the picture in this?

Postby 38racing » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:43 pm

I'm assuming that to use his method one would connect the narrow hot spade of the power source through the light bulbs to the narrow hot spade of the dead generator and the neutrals straight through and BE VERY VERY CAREFUL.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:38 am

I do see this..."NOTE: THE POLARITY IN THE ILLUSTRATION ABOVE IS REVERSED. The black wire should go into the RIGHT SIDE plug on each end, not the left side as shown. The white wire goes uninterrupted from the LEFT plug blade to the other end on the LEFT side"
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby 38racing » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:36 am

bobodu wrote:I do see this..."NOTE: THE POLARITY IN THE ILLUSTRATION ABOVE IS REVERSED. The black wire should go into the RIGHT SIDE plug on each end, not the left side as shown. The white wire goes uninterrupted from the LEFT plug blade to the other end on the LEFT side"

And if you look at the picture of the plugs .Say the one on the right . With the ground prong down it has the narrow prong to the left (if you were plugging it in to receptacle) but on a real plug that would be the wide prong. I emailed the author and he admitted the confusion but that it was not his picture and could not change it. Maybe that plug error was what he was trying to explain when he said polarity was reversed in the illustration.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum