• Advertisement

Onan E140H Plastic Clips nla

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Onan E140H Plastic Clips nla

Postby Az Shadeguy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:16 pm

I have a Onan E140H-N/11348D on a generator The Plastic Clips that hold the governor rod are not available any more
Onan Part 152-0343e
Has anyone had any luck with other clips?
Az Shadeguy
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Re: Onan E140H Plastic Clips nla

Postby bgsengine » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Dunno - havent seen the onan ones but maybe the Kohler Command ones would work? I cant think of the part number offhand...
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby StarTech » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:54 am

Really depend on the governor rod and arm hole size. As BGS suggest Kohler clips might work as well as the older Briggs Horizontal side valve ones. I seen many clip styles over the years including some use in the auto industry. You may even need to resort to welding up the holes and resizing to accept one of the above clips. As said it depends on the rod and hole size.
StarTech

Postby Az Shadeguy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:53 am

Okay thanks I will figure something out
Az Shadeguy
Forum Regular

Postby bgsengine » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:15 pm

bgsengine wrote:Dunno - havent seen the onan ones but maybe the Kohler Command ones would work? I cant think of the part number offhand...

KOhler part number Im thinking of is 25-158-11-S (bushing and swing clip that clips over linkage) and 25-158-08-S (Bushing for the Z-Bend end) but if you are talking about the metal piece that slips over either side of governor arm and clips to link, I dont think the kohler version will work. But if you got a piece you can fabricate a linkage rod from you can probably "fill in" the holes where they fit and form a Z-Bend end (but much harder to install)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Az Shadeguy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:06 pm

I have a Kohler magnum 20 and the clips on it look like they will work.
I put gas to the onan engine and the carb leeks like a sieve.
The carb kit is 80.00 ouch
Az Shadeguy
Forum Regular

Return to Technical Discussion Forum