• Advertisement

replacements for Tecumseh snow engines?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

replacements for Tecumseh snow engines?

Postby BLES » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Does anyone have a reference for replacement engines for no-longer-available Tecumseh's?? I live a heavy snow area and there are a lot of dead Tecumseh snowblowers. The last few I've replaced, I was lucky(??) enough to find another Tecumseh still available, but those supplies all seem to be dry now. VERY time consuming trying to measure/compare/cross and I still haven't found one this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tecumseh LH358SA - 159630A

This engine is labelled 10.5hp but appears physically smaller. Looking for replacements. It's on a like new-barely used blower so I'd like to find an option.
Thanks.

BLES
BLES
Guide

Advertisement

Re: replacements for Tecumseh snow engines?

Postby bgsengine » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:48 pm

if you have access to Briggs power portal, they have an excellent re-power database you can search for something close or similar along with any modifications needed for fitment/alignment

example (dunno what machine you have)

Original Equipment Data
Equipment MFGHusqvarnaTypeSnow Thrower/BlowerModel Number1130sbeSeries or Build Date

Original Engine Data
Engine MFGTecumsehModel NumberLH3585AType/Spec154648APower Designation11 hp

Briggs Replacement Engine:
Model Number21m414-0017-e1Type9BSxs.3422SWPower Designation16.5 torque

Additional Parts:

1 PIX belt b35k to change the auger drive 3/8" plate steel 5"x10"
•Mounting
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Technical Discussion Forum