• Advertisement

Stone Water Pump Seal

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Stone Water Pump Seal

Postby Mr Mower Man » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:28 pm

A contractor customer recently brought me two different water pumps (I think they're actually trash pumps) that are severely leaking water around the shaft seal, and they lose their prime. They're both made by Stone Construction Equipment, with Neptune pumps. One is a 2" pump (model STP2H5) and the other is 3" (model STP3H8). I've been looking all over the internet trying to figure out how I can get new seals for these things, but so far I've come up empty. Looks like Toro bought out Stone in 2012, and I'm just not able to find any parts for Stone or Neptune pumps. Anyone have an inside track on this stuff?
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Stone Water Pump Seal

Postby Arkie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:59 pm

As a last resort you might contact a place in Tulsa, Ok that makes all kinds of seals and don't have a minimum charge if you can deal with them without doing invoices, and paper work.
You might have to mail them the old seals so as they can do a match.

The name of the company is Crown Products Inc You can get contact info at this link.
http://www.crownproductsinc.com/

They have been in the same location for 40 years. (they make all kinds of gaskets, seals, orings of all sizes and types.
When I need old obselete hydraulic jack seals, water pump seals, odd size o rings I take my old show and tell stuff to their counter and usually immediately get the correct parts, but every once in awhile they have to order a odd seal from their warehouse then ship to me and they just throw the part in a envelope and mail usps instead of a $6 ups or fed ex charge.

They have some good info on their website about seals/orings of different material types, etc.
You may have to invest in a phone call to a counter person (they do industrial sales) so try to stay with a counter employee to dodge a minimum charge Industrial sales dept.
I tried to email them awhile back and no go and had to call them by phone. (email would not fly????)

I've rebuilt hydraulic cylinders, jacks, water pumps, o/rings for gaskets, etc and most generally come out with a sack full of seals for just a few dollars.

They do not go by manufacturer equipment model numbers for obsolete seals stuff they just match up the old stuff by matching the old seals or the bore and shaft sizes, etc. (OD X ID x Diameter , etc.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:38 am

May need to match the specs since Stone is no longer around.

US_Seal_Mfg_Catalog_2012.pdf
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:41 am

KE4AVB wrote:May need to match the specs since Stone is no longer around.

US_Seal_Mfg_Catalog_2012.pdf

Thanks for the link. I saved that one.

Here is more info from the same company. Look on the right side for more download info.
complete pump kits available, etc.

http://www.eis-inc.com/suppliers/us-sea ... _No=202237
Arkie
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum