• Advertisement

Unknown Kawasaki Engine

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Unknown Kawasaki Engine

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:27 pm

I need a little help in figuring which Kawasaki engine the Snapper CRP216018KWV came with. I got one in the shop that has no printing left of the sticker of the engine. Appears to be a 6 hp version with pressure oil system. Briggs is of no help as just list that it is a Kawasaki but no model info. I also got a similar model with a Robin but at least the numbers are on it.

All three units is having tranny problems. The first one I just replaced with a donor. The splines on the axles are stripped at the spider gear ring and the input bearing destroyed the RH case. Boy these mowers been abused.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Unknown Kawasaki Engine

Postby sawman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:00 am

Model FJ180V Type AS13-R
sawman

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:22 am

Thank very much. Now I can look into finding parts if needed and download the service manual. I going to start on it later today. First I got to replace that cloths hanger wire on the mower's SP drive so I can check it out after getting the engine to run.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:21 am

Dang it was hard to start. I don't if it temp of 32F had anything to do with it. :lol:

What a change from nearly 60F yesterday. I even end up with company is my coat after I sat down. One my young chickens was hunting a warm spot. Oh how felt like someone put snow down my shirt collar.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby okie » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:01 am

KE4AVB wrote:Dang it was hard to start. I don't if it temp of 32F had anything to do with it. :lol:

What a change from nearly 60F yesterday. I even end up with company is my coat after I sat down. One my young chickens was hunting a warm spot. Oh how felt like someone put snow down my shirt collar.

I could have told you that cold weather was on the way........but I wanted to give you a surprise.. :oops: :oops:

Okie- :usa: :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum