• Advertisement

Honda Harmony II HRT216 Change cable installation??

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Honda Harmony II HRT216 Change cable installation??

Postby dart451 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:35 pm

Hello all,
I am working on a Honda Harmony II HRT216 TDA. I have to replace all the cables...the clutch cable, throttle cable seems to be pretty easy to replace but after looking at the Change Cable, it appears you have to take out two Phillips screws UNDER the transmission pulley! So, I assume you have to take the pulley off to do this. Can I assume you have to get a thin drift to drive the pin out of the pulley to take it off? I'm trying not to remove the tranny and it seems like this could be possible without doing that. Any suggestions out there? Thank you...
dart451
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Honda Harmony II HRT216 Change cable installation??

Postby dart451 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Ok, apparently no one works on Hondas...lol I did get the pulley off by driving out the center pin...now I can get to the screws...thanks anyway...
dart451
Forum Pro

Re: Honda Harmony II HRT216 Change cable installation??

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Dart, Personally I rarely see a Honda mower and haven't seen one of that series in about 4 yrs. The last Honda is still on the yard with a shattered plastic deck and a bent crank. Just there for parts.

I didn't post as I had nothing to offer on this problem. Sorry...

Glad to hear you're making head ways just the same.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum