• Advertisement

Briggs opposed twin

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Briggs opposed twin

Postby KE4AVB » Mon May 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Luffydog wrote:Could you change out the stator and add the a regulator to this and make it work?

Yes you can change over to the 9 amp or the 16\10 amp stator and add the matching regulator. You usually can obtain these off a part donor engine.

Luffydog wrote:Thanks for the help never know these days what kind of problems u might run into. Worked on them before but haven't this issues before and the wires being cut and run around like they are to the batteries.

You got that right. It usually someone that has no idea of what they are doing. I have seen wiring done with just clear tape before. My own well pump was duct taped; only found out about when I lost water supply and pulled the well head cap to go for the pump.
Luffydog wrote:And your comment about fultilt didn't u band someone before that had that kind of attitude towards others?

Actually it was one of the moderators that actually did the ban but it was a 2-1 vote for it. He just gave him a little more rope than I would have. He was a lot worse too as he was insulting a lot of the users. This one so far is just irritating me which I have gotten a tougher skin than I once had. If I get a lot complaints about him like did with the other one then banning is an option even then I need to get with our 2 moderators for the vote.

I actually quite pleased with the board only having to ban one user other than the spammers which I have no tolerance for which is why I tighten up registration process a little more.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Briggs opposed twin

Postby Luffydog » Mon May 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Thanks for your answers I have donors is why I asked I haven't ever did one so I kinda in the dark if you could or not. Thanks again for your help and replies helpful as always.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum