• Advertisement

AM MTD Spindles

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: AM MTD Spindles

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Well they got set of 14 that is on sale for $85.00 normally $140.00. Ouch especially for plastic.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Their adapters are mindless in design. Why would you fiddle with an adapter for a star? You pretty much only need them with an H or a box. Something that won't locate on center. I know what you mean on some blades being too far gone. What sucks is when blades one and two don't look too bad and the last blade of the set you grab has been used for an anvil. That's looking ahead for you. :roll: Or the new Deere Freedom blade that the center hole was 3/16" off. Come to think of it, I should be doing something else for a living!
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:29 am

Great another aggravating proprietary blade design.

As doing doing some else for a living, I had to go through industry phase were they don't want someone that knows what they are doing if they had pay a decent wage. Also was all those anti-compete contracts. And employers can well really kinda stupid. I work for one 8 years and left for a much better paying position at another. Once the downsizing hit the industry I was laid off. I tried working for my former employer again. What a nightmare.

First he personally acted like I knew nothing about the equipment because I was gone for 8 yrs. Wanted me to sign an anti-compete contract but would not produce a copy that I could read over, just want me to blindly sign it. The whole office was uncooperative when giving the info I need to go on service calls. It very hard to go calls with just the customer name. No phone number , address, what equipment I going out to repair, and not even what the complaint problem was. After fighting to get any done for three weeks, I finally just had to wait until the customer called back in so I could get the info personally. Well they finally laid me off saying they no longer needed my help. I just about went through the roof.

You know that business was gone in less than a year.

After several other jobs like this I gave up and went to work for myself. First I did the scrap metal recycling. That was great until every Tom, Dick and Harry got into it. I finally settle on lawn care equipment repair in 2009 and have been just scraping by every since but I don't have problems with the boss; just the customers and suppliers. :roll:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum