• Advertisement

another swapped carb

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: another swapped carb

Postby 38racing » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:55 pm

bgsengine wrote:
38racing wrote:So I just received the carb I bought on ebay. Box says 498027. The IPL for the engine that lists it shows a number of LMT numbers that it can be including the 64 that was on my carb and also including '2' which happens to be on my new carb in the same location as the 64. It seems that almost every LMT has 4993 on it or 5-4993.
5-4993 is the body casting part number used internally by walbro for that carburetor body
I assume that is maybe a casting number for the body. Now on the new one is engraved the number 1227 and I think the 64 had something like that on it. (not at home right now). Now the other puzzling number engraved on the new one is 498026. One number off from the carb part number. Wondering if they screwed up marking it. A google produced only this and likely the 026 is a typo there because the answer is for the 027.
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Small-Engine ... urator.htm
498026 would be a Briggs internal part number used for that particular walbro assembly to which they add THEIR components to create the 498027 carburetor assembly I would say - many such part numbers will never really come up online (except places like this that mention it) for that simple reason - they are often not valid part numbers you'll ever be able to order, but they are internal factory part numbers to identify pieces, bodies, and sub-assemblies which are then matched with other specific pieces to create the actual product that fills an order for a specific part number - In other words, 498026 sub assembly can be used to create 3 or 4 different carburetor configurations..[/quote]

I think that I just found another example of this. A 287707-0227 940318.. Engraved is 699524 and lmt is 78. IPL says carb should be 690194. It supercedes to a Nikki carb now. My walbros on briggs up to now had the right angled fuel intake nipple and the ipl for this engine shows it (ref 186a) but my carb has a straight out nipple with a moulded 90 degree hose on it. In tank section of ipl there is ref 187a which appears to be the moulded hose 697098 (3.5 in) but supered to 698417 (10 in) at $25 cdn. I've never been able to find a simple rt angle nipple/nipple to turn a 1/4 hose by 90. Maybe room for rt angle shutoff.
update: just found a rt angle 1/4 filter. And I can get the hose and a china carb from China for $20
38racing
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum