• Advertisement

Yamaha Generator Manual info needed

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Yamaha Generator Manual info needed

Postby TracMac » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Hello
I have Yamaha Generator

Model EF6600DE
Serial 7RH-221876

The problem, neither copy covers the Fuel cut-off solenoid circuit. but it covers everything
else in carb test section.

I have a unit that's not getting power to the solenoid. The Solenoid did work by adding power from the battery, momentarily thru
its 2 wires. The ignition switch & wires to solenoid in circuit have continuity. The wire schematic on the ignition switch
"pin out" shows this circuit being in OFF SIDE (PIN) on the switch. So is the fuel cut-off solenoid powered by the charging coil from engine
V.S dc feed from battery? The unit is equipt with electric start. I have a functioning Starting circuit, Spark from Mag, and off for Mag.
It will run on a fuel prime momentarily.

I have a print copy of part number LIT-19616-00-73 and supplement LIT-19616-CM-98.
I was told by Yamaha that I need LIT-19616-CM-66

Well even though they said I needed the previous manuals I purchased, how is this much different.
Both local dealers were little help. Is it possible the printed versions I have are missing the pages?
I don't want to fork out any more dough for duplicate info that I already have.

Any help would be appreciated.
TracMac

Advertisement

Re: Yamaha Generator Manual info needed

Postby Arkie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:52 pm

You might also try this site link for Yamaha gen questions.

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=152

I would probably post in the thread starter section at first, instead of the Yamaha section to get possibly more responses, but a moderator may move it to the Yamaha se3ction once guys start responding. (more guys hang out here instead of the Yamaha section is why I mention such)
https://www.smokstak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

They (the moderators) don't like posts being listed in each section or double threads with the same questions si why you need to decide one or the other.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:03 am

With this being a generator setup you will find that the fuel solenoid only operates at shut down. These operate backwards of other solenoids by extending the pin out to shut off the fuel flow when power is applied to them from the alternator as the generator shuts down. When no power is applied the pin auto-retracts allowing fuel flow. If it wasn't for operating this way you couldn't use a recoil to start them. Note: the battery does not power the fuel solenoid.

It is highly likely that the carburetor is needing a serious cleaning.

Your wiring diagram is in the operator's manual of EF6600DE.
EF6600DE Owner's manual
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby TracMac » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks Arkie & Ke4avb

This gives me some good ideas about seeking the next step, Ke4 that makes alot of sense to the circuit operation.
This would explain why its wired on the (OFF SIDE pin) on the ignition switch during shut down on a schematic I have.
Next step is to crack open the carb to see what I find. Even though fuel doesn't smell or look bad, doesn't mean its any good
ether. Thanks again, keep you posted with results
TracMac

Postby Arkie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:43 pm

It appears maybe that Ke4avb is indicating the solenoid is acting as a anti-backfire valve to shut off the carb fuel as the engine is dying and after the engine dies the voltage to the solenoid goes away and the solenoid pintle retracts for fuel when the engine is re-cranked.

See if the carb bowl has a little drain plug. If so remove it and see if any fuel drains out when you turn on the gas tank pintle valve. If no fuel peck on the bowl gently so as to free the needle and seat if you know for sure you have fuel going to the carb from the pintle valve below the gas tank. ;)
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Does it have a low oil shut down switch
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby TracMac » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:19 am

The fuel flow is fine to the carb, from the tank. The float bowl drain on carb
works too. Pulled carb off anyways to check condition of it. Clean on inside
but found a small piece of dirt, in the carb bowl that nearly plugged inlet port to main
Jet. I also made point to clean the petcock bowl on the main tank, Glad I did.

The unit now runs, after conducting various tests, to engine and gen-set.
Everything is working again like it should. The unit came in less then month ago
and had a electrical fire.

Some how the ground got feed by power? It destroyed and melted TCI ignition module, the
green-yellow wire for ground, had to be replaced from stator housing thru entire
loom inside the control panel. Believe me every wire in loom got checked for damage,
not an easy job. luckely it was confine to that 1 ground wire, and damage stopped way before
the receptacle outlets for 120 & 240. This same wire provides the grounds to outlets and earth
ground Stud Post, on back of control panel housing .

I still like to know if this service manual contains the missing info about fuel solenoid (anti back fire)
low oil shut down, circuits Yamaha LIT-19616-CM-66. But maybe I will get answer @ another source.
Yes its equipt with the low oil shut down too.

Thanks to all! for the help
TracMac

Return to Technical Discussion Forum