• Advertisement

kawasaki FB460V-ES36 surging at high rpm

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

kawasaki FB460V-ES36 surging at high rpm

Postby Rpmp3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 pm

kawasaki FB460V-ES36 Gravity fed, surging at high rpm, I am have a surging issue at high rpm so I removed carb and all jets, soaked in carb cleaner, bough new needle, bowl gasket and bowl nut gasket, New air filter, pre filter, and New fuel filter, used twisty to clear all holes even took out jet on top of carb cleared passages, then blew out with air, same result while running sprayed carb cleaner around carb and gaskets no difference in performance come to think of it I didn't spray or blow the breather tube, turned adjusting screw 1 1/4 turns out to start no matter where the adjustment screw position same result. Runs smooth at idle but surges at high speed, New air filter, pre filter, and New fuel filter, could the breather tube cause a surge.
Rpmp3

Advertisement

Re: kawasaki FB460V-ES36 surging at high rpm

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:27 am

First while at full throttle with surging hold the throttle valve steady. Does it run smooth or dies back? If smooth then do a static governor adjustment and see if that resolves the surging. If it dies back then it is too lean and probably the carburetor is still dirty. Neither soaking nor Ultrasonic cleaning will always get the job done on the first try. Some carbs are so clogged it takes multiple tries to get them clean.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum