• Advertisement

Sears Canada

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Sears Canada

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 am

Walt I got a long time to caught up to you I hope with me being a little over 58 now.

That sorta like working 16 yrs at two jobs then getting laid off. It was like I got black balled. If wasn't that i did something wrong just corporate downsizing that was going on at the time. I couldn't find anyone that would hire me with the experience level I had. They all was afraid of me. You go from paying your bills to wondering if you're going to be able get food for your next meal. Thanks for me being raised in the countryside and know what wild greens are had least something I could eat at times. BTW soybeans are edible, a little hard to cook.

Even the unemployment office didn't want to except my work history demanding at three job references. I had to get the supervisor's supervisor involved to approve my application.

I finally gave up and went to work for myself and it took me a few years to self train myself on the small engines. If it wasn't picking up scrap metal for several years until I got my shop on one leg I would have not made it. I am still stretching the shoestring budget tight enough that you could play a tune on it but things are gradually improving. If I can quit buying so many new tools it would help. That has slowed somewhat but as with all things there will always be a specialized tool that I will need.

Change is always constant and just need to go with the flow of it or we will be left behind.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Sears Canada

Postby RoyM » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:41 pm

I admire your grit and determination. I have been parked on my butt too, it's not easy to get up and keep going.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum