• Advertisement

Echo CS330T Dies

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Echo CS330T Dies

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Boy when they wear out they wear out.

This customer couldn't leave the mixtures alone. Engine stalling upon acceleration or if you get it running good at full throttle dies when going back to idle. It would even idle good unless you were near clutch engagement speed.

I figure it was toast after non-invasive tests show low compression.

This morning I did complete tear down to satisfy for my own curiosity. Found the cylinder plating worn through, galled piston, and a little out spec ring end clearance. Well that a lie as it is .116" when the specs is 0.020 max. How in the world I ever got 115 psi wet compression reading is good question. He even had the wrong plug in it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Echo CS330T Dies

Postby Skywatcher » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi KE4

A former co-worker of mine had a saying; "Sometimes tired iron is just—tired—iron" meaning the machine was worn out beyond economical repair. In this case, I guess it would be tired aluminum.

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Re: Echo CS330T Dies

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:05 pm

I am surprised it isn't tired plastic.....Everything seems to made out plastic now.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum