• Advertisement

I don't think so...

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

I don't think so...

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:02 am

Its been one of those mornings...

Just looking to see if I can get the aftermarket parts to replace a gauge wheel this morning; Husqvarna 532174873.

One vendor has it crossing to 3 different wheels, specs of only one comes close. Then Stens say a wheel with a 3" hub width replaces a wheel with a 2-1/2" 2-5/8" hub. I don't think so as the bolt shoulder is only 2-1/2" 2-5/8". Now of course I do need a new bolt too. Well the vendor says a 2-9/16 shoulder replaces a 2-5/8 shoulder bolt. No way without grinding off the wheel hub. Is anybody actually checking this stuff before trying to sell things that don't work. :roll:

Oh well ordering OEM parts and I hope they at least got it right...
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: I don't think so...

Postby 38racing » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:01 pm

38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Now that the wheel but here Stens say to use their 210-110
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:23 am

KE4AVB wrote:Now that the wheel but here Stens say to use their 210-110

number at banta isn't necessarily Stens. I think maybe they started out with them but now just use similar part numbering.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:14 am

Understand that for sometime now. I just I posting what the Stens said and the specs don't meet my needs. I even E-mail my Stens rep on Thursday and I got back was Read mail message. Since I have heard back from him I reconken I be ordering a set wheel of the OEM wheels and one for the customer plus the bolts.

Sad in a way when my old supplier is offering three different wheels and a bolt that don't fit properly. Stens only the one and bolt that is too short. Next I know I probably getting a message from Stens that I am not ordering enough to have the account with them but if they don't have what I need I am not ordering something that I got to modify to fit. They just lost an $130 order as I sent it to Sunbelt as I know the AM idler pulleys are right ones I need. I will order the Husqvarna OEM wheels and some MTD transaxle parts from my MTD parts supplier.

Kinda strange on the single speed transaxle parts. The 2012 model mower IPL didn't list anything other than the top case when I was needing the shims, needle bearings, and maybe an input shaft but I when did a search on the transaxle PN as to what it fit it came up with a 2008 mower IPL that show all the transaxle parts. I actually had parts already on hand in an old parts transaxle here but I need to restock those parts.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum