• Advertisement

SSW2838 Switch

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

SSW2838 Switch

Postby KE4AVB » Wed May 23, 2018 8:22 am

Recently I ordered a SSW2838 switch to replace a JD keyswitch that used out stock. Boy what a mistake. It was defective in one than one way.

As for the defective switch I disassembled it this morning to see what was wrong. Boy what a lousy job done inside. Looks like some redneck had
worked on the switch internals. First the center rotate had grinding or filing marks all over and they tried to taper the top section. The two
locking were grounded to a point it was paper thin at the retaining side. Both actually broke though. One of the two locking tabs was bent
nearly 45 degrees which why it was not releasing properly. Overall it looks a kid had done the work.

I am replacing the switch with a B1JD125 which is a much better made switch or at lease the last one was.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Return to Technical Discussion Forum