• Advertisement

MTD snowblower carb gasket

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: MTD snowblower carb gasket

Postby Ron » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Customers don’t realize the time we spend searching for the parts. I could easily just bought the 17.00 gasket set but I found that ridiculous. I really appreciate all the help you all provide!
Ron
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:32 am

Ron wrote:Customers don’t realize the time we spend searching for the parts. I could easily just bought the 17.00 gasket set but I found that ridiculous. I really appreciate all the help you all provide!

But I for one learned that once you find the needed info it will come in handy down the road as a lot projects only require one or two the gaskets out the set. Besides the research on this one provide me a opportunity to hone my search abilities a little more on these MTD engines though I just start seeing some of them lately.

Now we touch on a little here is the fact a lot places are now listing parts as NLA even though they are in kits or as the case 2 cycle carburetors not even listing the carburetor or GND kits. Some it is due the price on carburetors, others times it is that they want us to replace the carburetors. Sometimes it is just that vendor is not able to get the parts so they just list them as NLA even though they are available through a different vendor hoping you order just accept it and order a complete carburetor.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Ron » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:56 am

Update: I did get the gaskets and put it back together. Carb was clean as brand new, starts and runs fine with auger on but surges without load. This has been set aside as mowing season brought other work in. Getting close to caught up (famous last words) so I’ll go through carb again.
Ron
Guide

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum