• Advertisement

Echo SRM 225

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Echo SRM 225

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:05 am

I bet this isn't cover by the Echo warranty even though it is only 3 months old. The straight drive is bent near the powerhead. The reason for it being bent is a new one for me. The operator ran over it and then said he just got it out the storage area. The dirt was still wet from the morning rain shower. I hoping the parts from the older T799 ones I have will fit the T983 though I might need to modify the engine cover as they change the spark plug and plug boot to larger ones. Boy the company owner is not happy.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Echo SRM 225

Postby bgsengine » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:06 am

KE4AVB wrote:I bet this isn't cover by the Echo warranty even though it is only 3 months old. The straight drive is bent near the powerhead. The reason for it being bent is a new one for me. The operator ran over it and then said he just got it out the storage area. The dirt was still wet from the morning rain shower. I hoping the parts from the older T799 ones I have will fit the T983 though I might need to modify the engine cover as they change the spark plug and plug boot to larger ones. Boy the company owner is not happy.

depends on the dealership, and their relationship with distributor.. and how they file the warranty ..
but anyhoo Main pipe assembly (assuming you mean the outer housing) would be C050003300 for that serial number (T983xxx) drive shaft itself is a flex shaft (C506000470) but is included with OEM Main pipe assembly
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:42 am

No problem installing the shaft assembly and cover from the older unit. BTW A160001090 can be superseded to A160003230 as I just put on the the 1090 in place of the 3230 the only difference was the logos and the 3230 is half the price. The older logo was a sticker where the new is painted on.

Since the unit came from Home Depot most likely they would not cover it.

EDIT: As for the shaft and the flex the difference is that the older one is an inch or two shorter. Other than that they are interchangeable as a set.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:44 am

Too bad the operator doesn't own up and offer to pay for his carelessness, accidents do happen.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:12 am

Oh the company has a policy in place for this. Friday will probably be the last day for the one that did it.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum