• Advertisement

JD TRS 27 snow blower flooding

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

JD TRS 27 snow blower flooding

Postby jwales » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:02 pm

This blower has an 8 hp Tecumseh. Throttle and choke plates were so gummed up they would hardly move. pulled carb off, dis-assembled and ran through the Ultra sonic several times and cleaned up well. Everything is back together and it starts up great but even after it has warmed up I get surging/hunting at full throttle. Not real bad but noticeable. The hi speed jet is in the bowl nut so I made adjustments set at (1.25 turns and turned out to 2) to stop the surging, then brought the thropttle throttle down to around idle. That seemd seemed to work well. Then I brought it up to full throttle and it hesitated, back fired black smoke and quit. Started back up on full throttle and ran good. brought it to idle and ran good then back up to full throttle again and hesitated, backfire black smoke and quit. Seems like it is flooding out. I also tried adjusting low speed/idle (intial setting at 1turn)with the hi speed at 1.25 with surging. Could not get rid of the surging.

So I am thinking I need to open up carb again, look at needle, seat, float adjustment, clean jets again and then try it with initial jet settings. Anything else that comes to mind??

Thanks, Joe
jwales
Guide

Advertisement

Re: JD TRS 27 snow blower flooding

Postby Gerry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:27 pm

I would check the float level with a number 4 twist drill bit. And don't forget the indented part of the fuel bowl is to be on the fuel inlet side.
Gerry
Guide

Postby 38racing » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:17 pm

maybe do a static adjustment on the governor.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby jwales » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Just an up-date. replaced needle and seat and adjusted float w/ 11/64 drill bit and it roars like a lion.... Now it will sit and wait for the white stuff to pounce on. :lol:
jwales
Guide

Postby 38racing » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:17 pm

When you use 11/64 drill as per manual did you find nose of float is below level with carb inverted?
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:59 pm

38racing wrote:When you use 11/64 drill as per manual did you find nose of float is below level with carb inverted?

I have, on every one I have ever set. However, they always seemed to run right that way. :?
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby jwales » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Yes. Same as Michael says. Everyone of them.
jwales
Guide

Return to Technical Discussion Forum