• Advertisement

Briggs Flywheel Ringear

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Briggs Flywheel Ringear

Postby dunoon2 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:02 pm

Thats correct
dunoon2
Forum Regular

Postby 38racing » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:27 pm

dunoon2 wrote:Sorry for not giving enough info. The engine is a BS 407777 0184 E1 and the part # for the ring gear is 499612. Seems like most vendors they are on back-order. Even the Briggs website said they were out. Anyway Sears didn't say they were backordered. So I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Jack's says in stock 2-10 days. Probably will be be saying that 11 days after you order. Then 12. Then 13.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:49 am

Depending on the urgency of the project you may need to go with replacing the whole flywheel which is in stock @ power distributors. The ring is probably that is very slow mover and it may take to get enough back orders to justify starting up another production run. I currently have fuel pump vacuum hoses on back order from the first week in May. I am still needing them even the customer has killed off the mower as I always finding them bad.

Even the head I was needing took over a month to get; although, it will not be taken out the box until the next project as the engine it was to go on was found Friday to worn out on the #2 cylinder when I pulled the old head which the exhaust valve guide had moved bending the push rod. I had done 10 heads because the valve guide moving but this is the first time I found the cylinder worn out. Oh well I now got a spare on hand for the next time as that mower isn't worth the rebuild or new engine.

As for Jack's they are bad about taking their to let you know things on back order. I had one order for Husqvarna 350 crankcase on back order for over two months before I got it through them as it had to be shipped from Europe.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum