• Advertisement

When will they learn...

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

When will they learn...

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Working on Yanmar today. LH front just holding on by steering arm. For some reason they gutted they internal working components of the 4WD drive. By doing so they removed one the main support bearing [6013-2RS] leaving only the top 6204 bearing which was quickly destroyed. Strange though none of the broken parts of the upper bearing were to found. Destroyed three chisels getting out remaining outer bearing shell.

This was the condition this machine was sold in. And the new owner thought it was just a strip spline shaft.

What gets me more is the fact the tech thought SAE 5/16-18 screws replaced M10-1.50 metric bolts.

Come on folks SAE screws DON"T replace Metric screws or vise versa. Ran into this twice in less than a month where screw standards were cross up and used anyway.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: When will they learn...

Postby bgsengine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:05 pm

Or the one today - a craftsman 4-stroke trimmer came back for the same thing happening again - "leaking oil out the intake" ... Engine overfull on oil again (but this time I saw blue oil).. seems they think (I would guess) it is supposed to use 2-stroke oil in the oil fill and filled it to the tippy top (way overfull) .. despite it being explained to them the engine was overfull on oil the first time in... Ah well.. now that I know why it is overfull I can be a little more explicit in explanation..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Wouldn't be one of those TTIs would it? They blow oil even filled normally when the thing is worn out. I don't 4C hand helds because of this. I refer most customers to buy a Stihl 4 mix if wanting to go 4 cycle at least they hold up.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:30 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Wouldn't be one of those TTIs would it? They blow oil even filled normally when the thing is worn out. I don't 4C hand helds because of this. I refer most customers to buy a Stihl 4 mix if wanting to go 4 cycle at least they hold up.

Nah - MTD built although similar construction to the TTI ones, both of which are sort of clones of the Subaru/Honda Design, (EY35 for example) same as the Cub Cadet 4-stroke, they are not terrible as far as construction goes, and can run quite well if properly maintained, but really do tend to fall apart easily if mistreated. Biggest problem with them is they are just so freakin heavy..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:37 pm

Still not as heavy as the Ryobi 760R I brought years ago that made one season. Never could get to run right the next year but of course I was cutting nearly a mile fence line weekly. So heavy that once a week was all I could stand.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:53 pm

Guy here is selling a sabre rider bragging it's made by deere and has bigger engine and in good shape. Picture of it with hood open. Opposed twin with no air cleaner and no shrouds.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum