• Advertisement

Kubota going about half speed

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kubota going about half speed

Postby man00 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:54 am

Pulls strong but forward is kinda slow for sure, I notice if I push hard on the HST pedal I can get more speed.
This link for the parts..070 or 110 is where I need to make any changes ?
https://i.imgur.com/zcRDfuE.jpg
man00

Advertisement

Re: Kubota going about half speed

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:42 am

From what I can see that those would affect the pedal neutral position. By changing the rod length it could give more forward speed but decrease reverse speed. There is also a couple stops screws on the pedal that when adjusted out may help too.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:05 pm

may just be that you need a new drive belt
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby man00 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:21 pm

KE4AVB wrote:From what I can see that those would affect the pedal neutral position. By changing the rod length it could give more forward speed but decrease reverse speed. There is also a couple stops screws on the pedal that when adjusted out may help too.

I didn't see any stop screws on the HST pedal but will look again..thanks
man00

Postby man00 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:22 pm

38racing wrote:may just be that you need a new drive belt

think the belt is good to go..for now
man00

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:38 pm

In the detailed circled triangle pedal attachment it shows two screws with locking nuts used as stops then if you look at jungle of parts at the pedal you'll see the same two screws. They are probably hard to get to. Hope I am not seeing things; of course, OEM do change things and not them all the time.

Edit: I am referring to image on KPAD for the T1670
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:32 pm

Underneath the floorboard is kind of a bugger, but it does fill up with debris. It's worth pulling the deck to clean out all debris there and at the transaxle. Check the idler pulleys and that the transaxle is secure as well. There are 2 positions if I recall that the tension spring can attach.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby man00 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:39 am

KE4AVB wrote:In the detailed circled triangle pedal attachment it shows two screws with locking nuts used as stops then if you look at jungle of parts at the pedal you'll see the same two screws. They are probably hard to get to. Hope I am not seeing things; of course, OEM do change things and not them all the time.

Edit: I am referring to image on KPAD for the T1670

Didn't find anything that allowed move movement of the HST pedal, I may wait until fall (cooler weather ) and try again. Wife mows with it when she mows, and I use it to pull a little tow sprayer. Good mower other than slow speed, about time for valve adj? (Kohler 15hp) seems little hard to start at times.
man00

Return to Technical Discussion Forum