• Advertisement

Poulan Pro Trimmer Carb Settings

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Poulan Pro Trimmer Carb Settings

Postby dennis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:44 pm

I have a Poulan Pro model PP136 string trimmer. I would like to know the intial settings for the high and low mixture screws, and the idle and maximum allowable WOT rpms. Thank you
dennis
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Poulan Pro Trimmer Carb Settings

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Initial setting is usually 1-1/2 turns from lightly seated for both L and H. This should get you to a will start condition. Tune for max rpms minus -100 rpms CCW (richer). This ensures that you are not on the lean side. Idle speed is just below clutch engage speed which is around 3500 rpms. I usually set it around 2800-3000 rpms. Otherwords you don't want the trimmer head turning while idling. Since mixtures interact with each other tune L first and then H. You may need fine tune for best acceleration.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dennis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Thanks, KE4AVB. Do you know what the maximum rpms are for this unit?
dennis
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Honestly no it has been quite a while since the last one I work on here. I just know it is not a problem to run well over 7000. Just don't like that carburetor setup with it comes to starting them; I prefer an old fashion choke.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:48 am

Hi Dennis

When tuning a string trimmer, make sure you have the working lengths (double line head) of correct diameter trimmer line. The resistance of the line passing through the air at working RPM gives just enough load to work like a governor for the engine. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby dennis » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:00 pm

Thanks Skywatcher and KE4AVB. It sounds about right when it is running at 9500-10,000 rpms.
dennis
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum