• Advertisement

Poulan Chainsaw

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Poulan Chainsaw

Postby lefty » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:04 pm

I got this Poulan 2050 2.0 CI chainsaw in that needs fuel lines and such. Unfortunately, the sticker is completely worn off so I have no idea of model number or anything like that.

I can still read various part numbers on stickers from around the saw...bar, chain and certain housings. Can I reverse engineer this? The saw is like lime green as if that's helpful. Am I screwed or is there some logical guesswork I can employ? The saw belongs to my brother.
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Poulan Chainsaw

Postby bgsengine » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:36 pm

NO serial number tag? look for last digit of serial, if you can't find a specific mention of "Type" on the tag , looks like they are types 1 through 7 and you can maybe trim the list down if you have some good idea of how old it is , you can go through the list of parts catalogs https://www.ereplacementparts.com/searc ... rer=Poulan and see if anything "stands out" as being unique to a newer or older type (generally older type may have no chain brake, but instead just a hand guard, newer types may have increasingly complex anti-tamper screws, carburetor model and brand if original carb, can sometimes give a clue if you can figure what year they first used that carburetor model, etc. However, most fuel system parts (pre-2012) will generally be all the same.. most type variations came up when they had to alter emissions parts, ignitions, safety designs, etc.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby lefty » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:04 pm

Yeah no number at all. Sticker is 99% gone and the owner can't give me a date of purchase. I'm thinking I may be alright as I can get away with fuel lines, filter and a kit for the carb. Everything in there looks good except for the metering diaphram / gasket. Fuel lines are junk but I think I can sort those out. Fuel filter is knocking around in the tank so I can see what that looks like. I took a look at types 1-7 and they all show the same part number for carb, but none of them I can find look similar. Mine has both nipples coming out of the same side and they are both straight, no elbow or bend. They come out on the choke lever side. Numbers on the carb are WT324 with an 812 written above if that helps at all.

I'd love to go with a $13 package on this one but looks like I'll be piecing it together without more info.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:59 pm

2050 is a valid number, google it for ipl's.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:21 pm

Hi Lefty

I have one of these chainsaws, I call it "The Green Loogie". From what I can tell, the carb kit for this unit is the Walbro D10-WTA and the fuel line is EHP Part # 530 06 92-16. Hope this points you in the right direction,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:24 am

Actually the D10-WAT kit is GND (Gasket and Diaphargm) kit and the full kit is K10-WAT but to be double sure post the carburetor model number as the LE version of the 2050 has three possible carburetors at one of them uses the K20-WAT full kit and a D26-WAT GND kit.

But most of these 2050 uses the Walbro WT-324 carburetor which uses the K10-WAT full kit.

Fuel line is 530069247; unless you wish to use the Tygon line which I size at installation so I don't remember the dimensions at the moment
Plus I would recommend going with the full kit over the GND kit as most likely the metering needle and lever are worn.

Poulan 2050 came in three varieties. The 2050 Pioneer types 1-7, 2050LE Pioneer types 1-2, and 2050WT Wildthing types 1-6. But nearly all the internals are the same except the LE which use one of three different carburetors. The main differences is the cosmetics.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:40 pm

Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Actually the D10-WAT kit is GND (Gasket and Diaphargm) kit and the full kit is K10-WAT but to be double sure post the carburetor model number as the LE version of the 2050 has three possible carburetors at one of them uses the K20-WAT full kit and a D26-WAT GND kit.

But most of these 2050 uses the Walbro WT-324 carburetor which uses the K10-WAT full kit.

Fuel line is 530069247; unless you wish to use the Tygon line which I size at installation so I don't remember the dimensions at the moment
Plus I would recommend going with the full kit over the GND kit as most likely the metering needle and lever are worn.

Poulan 2050 came in three varieties. The 2050 Pioneer types 1-7, 2050LE Pioneer types 1-2, and 2050WT Wildthing types 1-6. But nearly all the internals are the same except the LE which use one of three different carburetors. The main differences is the cosmetics.

The only numbers I was able to find on it was the W324 and 812 stamped above it.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:38 pm

lefty wrote:
The only numbers I was able to find on it was the W324 and 812 stamped above it.
Yeah that's what he meant - WT-324 - that's the carb you have.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby lefty » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:53 pm

I just realized I forgot to close this one out. That kit worked out and it was running great.

Thanks very much.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum