• Advertisement

Newer Courage carb kits?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Newer Courage carb kits?

Postby hanz63 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:22 am

I seemed to have a brain fart in finding the newer rebuilt kit numbers for the Courage singles IE ~20 HP as the float valves have changed.Anyone have them? Newer than the 1275701s and 1275703s. Thanks!
hanz63
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Newer Courage carb kits?

Postby bgsengine » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:22 pm

Might be worth comparing the price on new carbs. last one I did, the carb was $28 vs kit at $12 , factoring for labor times, new carb made more sense.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:03 pm

Hanz63, Do which model and spec numbers that looking at? As it really which one if any newer kits at listed at KohlerPlus website.

BTW the two kits you listed are the Command Walbro carburetors. Some of the Courage Walbro carburetors do use different kits. But really you need to go by the spec numbers to get the right kits as some do use the Command carb kits.

Courage Walbro
2052101-S Gravity and 2052102-S Pressure

And of these these are higher than the regular carburetor kits as they include the Needle seat and installation tools.

Now there are Nikki carburetors that are use on some of the Courage engines.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:10 pm

And yes there are carburetors for 20-30 USD but they are all clones.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:46 pm

Yeah, just say no to clones. My experience hasn't been good. This all started when I found a different carb on the Courage singles and decided that I should have a kit around. Put model and spec down and didn't come up with anything other than an assembly. No little notepad found on look up for individual parts or a kit. So, in the months since I took the info down- I never came up with a working IPL and discarded the numbers. Usually I just use the Walbro needles along with the extra bowl seals from the Quantum bowls kits in the Command / Courage singles instead of the full Kohler kits. Myself I don't bother with doing the seat kits anymore. I'll put on a carb if it is to be fixed or an inline fuel valve if they want to maintain what they have. Thanks for the input.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:34 am

Kohler came with the inlet seat kits due to how expensive the Walbro they had installed on the engine plus all the complaint we techs were filling about the lack of a replacement seat. Since I found the PN for these kits I have saved about 10 carburetors that would have otherwise cost the customer a couple hundred to replace. Now of course the kits costs me $20-$30 each. Now of course the kits retails for about $39. I keep them in stock here.

They were/are referenced under PB-255 Dated 8-09 and the installation sheet is TT-5237 so these kit have been around since 2009. Of course since you have the Command inlet kits you already have the instructions.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum