• Advertisement

Tecumseh emulsion tubes

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Tecumseh emulsion tubes

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:20 am

Could someone familiar explain to me the differences of different color Tecumseh emulsion [Main Nozzle] tubes? For some reason I can't find any info on this in service manuals. Either that or I've just not look in the right place.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Tecumseh emulsion tubes

Postby bgsengine » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:31 am

far as I can tell, it's color coded jetting, instead of stamping Sizing on them (kinda hard to do with plastic, no?) I think somewhere I remember seeing someone had a long list (not quite complete) of color - to - jet diameter charting
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:14 am

That is what I was thinking but a chart as you describe would be nice to have even though Tecumseh here are a dying breed. Only seen three engine this and two of them I killed off.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:39 pm

I've not seen a list. Jacks has a page of a bunch of emulsion tubes in one spot with some references by Tecumseh carb numbers and a lot of Toro model numbers which would get you to the engine. So if you have a red one laying in the bottom of the parts bin loose, at least you could see what it was for. If one had old software that could be accessed for a part number search it would be helpful.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum