• Advertisement

Craftsman/Poulan Chainsaw Crankshaft Seals

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Craftsman/Poulan Chainsaw Crankshaft Seals

Postby bgsengine » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:03 am

Arkie wrote:How can they ship a $2 item to USA with free shipping from China, Hong Kong, etc?

China Post has a special deal with USPS.. gives chinese sellers a huge and UNFAIR advantage over U.S. Vendors. Thanks to your friendly politicians in Washington helping to screw the U.S. Economy by encouraging Chinese dumping. Is it any wonder that U.S. Jobs are getting scarce? Buy everything from China, U.S. Manufacturers close down, no jobs = no money = looking for things as cheap as possible = more sales to China.. vicious cycle.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Arkie » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Scary??? Too good to be true.

Another $10 off if you use the coupon $89

Buy two and get another discount.
Probably need two to use one for parts.

and appears Daddy may be Guangdong China (Mainland)

I did not see any kind of warranty after 15 days

and I really don't trust on-line reviews. I wrote a bad review on a product awhile back from Northern tools and when I checked couple weeks later by BAD review had been edited to a GOOD review and I then noticed that over 400 reviews and not a single bad one. Go figure that one. I'm thinking about reporting them to Donald Trump!!!!!!!!! :popcorn: ;) ;)
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Arkie wrote:Probably need two to use one for parts.

That what I did years ago when I brought the two MacCats that I used. Using one for parts I got 30 yrs out of them. With these your probably going need more one spare though.
and I really don't trust on-line reviews. I wrote a bad review on a product awhile back from Northern tools and when I checked couple weeks later by BAD review had been edited to a GOOD review

Haven't traded with them since they sent me 12 ball pein hammers instead the hydraulic jack that I ordered. It was a nightmare just to return the hammers. Never could it straight that I was needing the jack instead.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:37 pm

KE4AVB wrote:
Arkie wrote:Probably need two to use one for parts.

That what I did years ago when I brought the two MacCats that I used. Using one for parts I got 30 yrs out of them. With these your probably going need more one spare though.
and I really don't trust on-line reviews. I wrote a bad review on a product awhile back from Northern tools and when I checked couple weeks later by BAD review had been edited to a GOOD review

Haven't traded with them since they sent me 12 ball pein hammers instead the hydraulic jack that I ordered. It was a nightmare just to return the hammers. Never could it straight that I was needing the jack instead.

I've had some real in person hassels with them also. I've even tried calling their stores and going thru the manager and trying to stay with the same person so as too not be changing horses in the middle of the stream and still end up on the short end of the stick, if the manager is not their the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing. They seem to think that everyone lives just around the corner from their store also.
One example I ordered a $3000 wood splitter with some accessories and I told them to be sure and not call for pick-up until all parts have arrived because I'm 60 miles out one way. They finally called and said all was in store ready for pickup, I got the persons name that called, told them it would be 3 days and when I asked them to give me the list of items they had they person indicated they did not know, just following orders to call and I insisted on them checking and sure enough couple of the items had not arrived yet. Got another call next day and was informed again by another person my stuff was in store and would be sent back if not retrieved. I had to tell them I was 60 miles out and tied up on another job. I called and asked for the manager the 3rd day to make sure all was ok. He was off that day and the other two persons that previously called was not on duty and the stand-in manager was outside. They said they were sure ALL MY stuff was in store.
When I got to the store two of the needed parts ordered could not be found and I had to pay for them to ship too me later and when they filled out the payment by credit card I happened to notice they had charged me over $6000 on a credit card, had been charged for 2 of everything (and some of the stuff I had not even yet received) and their manager that needed to confirm and do corrections was gone for lunch. They were trying to get him by cell phone leaving messages and constant apologizes.
I had rather take a beating with a wet rope than try to order stuff to the store for retrieval due to the hassels they create, like watching a bunch of monkeys and this is not the only instance. I can see where it would really be a hassel trying to return or exchange some of their items, it's bad enough just trying to get correct items in first place.

BUT THEY DO MAKE SURE ALL THEIR REVIEWS ARE GOOD. Heck they (Northern Tools) might even edit this rant so as too brag on themselves.

Subject: Might want to get 3 of them Guangdong China saws because you and I know that replacements parts won't be available EVER, but don't be surprised if no two of the China made saws will have interchangeable parts. (made one at a time with re-cycled parts and no two exactly alike from China)
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:34 am

Two spammers in one thread !!!
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum