• Advertisement

Pilot Jet Hole Size

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Pilot Jet Hole Size

Postby 38racing » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:59 pm

Michael Gilligan wrote:I have a 8.5hp, that seems to be running lean. I swapped a 197 to a 169, and it ran worse. Playing with the jets on Tecumseh's doesn't seem to work out well. Either get the carb cleaned or replace it. The one I'm fighting with has a non adjustable carb, originally. I'm going to but on a new, older style with adjustable needles, in an attempt to solve the lean condition.

i just put aftermarket adjustable on a Tec 5 hp snow motor . Won't idle. Idle needle doesn't change things. Currently running ok on high idle, no load. Waiting for snow. I'm thinking this engine is too worn to handle load.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:31 am

38, A leak down test should give some indication of the amount of wear. And if the compression at idle drops too much it will not idle as well as over active ACR function.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:49 am

How to fix a surging carb, video link. (use Internet explorer for a direct link to the video)

Do not try to look him in the eye. ;)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wa ... ORM%3DVDRE
Arkie
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum