• Advertisement

Honda GX200 clone recoil plastic reel breaks

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Honda GX200 clone recoil plastic reel breaks

Postby Arkie » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:29 pm

Lee:

Just a hint when you want to see how much difference reducing valve clearance adjustments MIGHT MAKE when testing a engine for hard crank over, electric or manual crank so as to save some time W/O actually adjusting the valve clearance at first is to use a feeler gauge to reduce the clearance first so as to simulate reducing the valve clearance. (insert a selected feeler gauge on top of the valve stem to reduce the clearance)
Arkie
Forum Pro

Re: Honda GX200 clone recoil plastic reel breaks

Postby lee » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:40 pm

Thanks for the tip Arkie! I contacted the Ebay seller and told him about the broken recoil reel and said we think the problem is the old starter cup not being compatible with the new recoil. So I bought a new cup from him and he sent another recoil along with it at no charge. The parts came in today and I put them on and so far it's working fine! Now I know when replacing a recoil it's a good idea to get the cup that goes with it as well. Thanks to everyone who helped figure this one out!
lee
Forum Regular

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum