• Advertisement

TroyBuilt Tiller

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: TroyBuilt Tiller

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:58 am

I know....I still use ether to set beads at times. Spray, strike, and BOOM.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:44 pm

Thanks to all. It's back together and running great with the carb kit, replacement pick-up tubes, and fuel pump diaphragm. Still plugging away with figuring out which model so I can get the right belt. Was missing a manifold mounting screw and had to install a helicoil but everything came back together nicely. Now if I could only figure out a way to wipe my a$$ with it...

Thanks for the info regarding the tire/rim removal. I learned something new. I knew it wasn't a good idea to heat a rim with a tire on it but had no idea of the chemistry behind it and that it could continue to build pressure after the heat was removed. Very interesting and helpful.

This one is actually missing a pin for one of the wheels, held on by years of rust. I'm going to consult with the owner about all of that and see what they want to do.

Thanks again.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:58 am

I think the next I get one I am going to try the electrolysis method. I just got one off using my electrolysis medium but it was already a little loose I could move it a sixteenth of inch.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:39 am

A grade 5 bolt is more user friendly for the axle/rim pins instead of the roll pins.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 am

I have never a TroyBilt Pony with roll pins; only Lynch (linch) pins because it meant for the operator to able move the wheel inboard for non-running transportation. They are bear to move since there is no way to disengage the transmission other than by unlocking the wheels. The last one that is in my shop now took of us to carry it off the trailer and to where we put it before I got the wheels unfroze.

You surely don't want something you can't easily remove. Now Horse models are a different story.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:25 am

Mine has linchpins....linchpin I should say because one of them is missing.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:55 pm

I've got this one done for the most part but am struggling to figure out the reverse belt, which this machine was missing. Starting with the basics, if anyone has an idea, should the reverse belt be longer, shorter or similar to the forward belt?
lefty
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum