• Advertisement

Push mower

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Push mower

Postby jerkputter123 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:25 pm

Not sure how I would know which one I got. There is no hole in this one that I see. I will look again tomorrow. THANKS
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby bgsengine » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:39 am

jerkputter123 wrote:Not sure how I would know which one I got. There is no hole in this one that I see. I will look again tomorrow. THANKS

easy enough to see how it works - if you got a bit of spray carb cleaner, carb off, primer bulb removed, you spray carb cleaner through the inlet hole (not the one where check valve goes) and you see where the fuel goes in .. if primer bulb isn't airtight (holes, cracks, or improper installation) it won't suck in any fuel, and the fuel passage needs to have no leaks (or it'd just suck air) , and otherwise hold carb with check valve facing up, drop some fuel in and see if fuel leaks past check valve - if it does, then it's sucking air there too. Pretty simple to test once you understand how it works and where fuel has to flow.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby jerkputter123 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:25 pm

I finally got it going. I installed a new primer bulb and run a torch cleaner in behind new spring , ball and seat to get the piece of trash out. It sprays a good stream now and runs perfects thanks to you. I really appreciate your help on this. I learned something about these plastic carburetors .
jerkputter123
Guide

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum