• Advertisement

K341 too much fuel pressure.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: K341 too much fuel pressure.

Postby bgsengine » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Yup. those seats needed a thin wall socket - they were hard to find until picked up an antique Snap-On 1/4" drive socket set at a yard sale (for 2 bucks!!!) and they were quite thin on the socket walls.. Used to use a Mac tools socket which worked fine for removal but then was difficult to control the depth as new seat was installed, it'd tend to jam if you didn't hold it just right..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby bobodu » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:48 am

Started her up last night and damned if gas wasn't flowing out of the carb !! Switched her over to gravity feed and still overflowed. Dropped the bowl and the float was full of gas.....put the Chinese carb back on with gravity feed and she runs perfect. New float is only $11....So...the Kohler carb had a bad float and the Chinese carb couldn't handle the pump pressure...
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Skywatcher » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:29 pm

Hi Bob

As a matter of course, any time I have a carburetor to pieces, I always give the float a shake just to make sure there's nothing sloshing around inside it. When a float starts to fill with gasoline, it ceases to be a float and becomes a sink. I have a selection of both brass and plastic floats that contain fuel in my show-and-tell box. Even have a couple of the brass Tecumseh floats that have been imploded by water in the float bowl freezing to ice and crushing the float. Glad you finally found the problem though,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum