• Advertisement

A first for me...

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

A first for me...

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Today was the first for to change a clutch drum because causing a new chain to bind up. Oh I have many worn out clutch drums where the sprocket teeth were heavy worn but had the tie straps and cutters to bind up before. This Stihl 009 drum sprocket actually looks to be fairly good shape but it was flaring the chain links straps. I was beginning to think the customer had the wrong chain but checked out then I referred to my Oregon chain troubleshooting guide and found what was the problem.

This has been a PITA repair. Came in with carburetor problems which a rebuild kit took care of. Then saw came back not running after a few minutes. Finally discovered three problems where someone else has screw with the saw. The plug was half screwed, coil's HV lead had a break in it, and Carburetor clogged up. Someone had change the fuel line but the old line in the tank which worked with the new fuel. And this morning the chain problem. Boy I hope I am finally through with the saw.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Return to Technical Discussion Forum