• Advertisement

Driving out spindle bearings

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Driving out spindle bearings

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Well I was reading the reviews of the new set that I mention. They are not that great reviews of the tool failing to perform as intended. I do however do know the HFT ones work as I have been using my set for over 5 years now. I think I will pass on buying the new set at least for now.

They are made in China, I can't find any warranty info on them and haven't found a way to contact the seller either about it..
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:03 pm

I'll keep an eye out for these of a decent enough quality. I do appreciate the tip. I did find another race punch, slightly larger than the last which hopefully will keep me out of trouble. If not, I guess they get new spindles for now if they are too stubborn. Your Harbor Freight one did good if that's all I find?

On the brighter side I was updating a customer's X300 deck today with a new guide kit. One of those that likes snapping belts. Of course, I didn't think ahead the amount of hours on the machine and should have gotten a tension arm too while I was there. I had a 20 MM cutter, so I stuck a little mig wire to it to fix the egg shape, recut the hole and good as new. Always a good feeling to beat Deere out of $$.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:09 pm

I will also keep an eye for those particular spindles coming into my shop. Normally I just spindles apart without paying all that much attention on how I am getting them apart. I use whatever I need to do the job be punches, sockets, or that internal bearing puller.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum