• Advertisement

Briggs Carb Problem / Question

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Briggs Carb Problem / Question

Postby lefty » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:38 am

KE4AVB wrote:Sounds like you got a choking problem.

And yes Arkie 0.62 is high for the tiny o-rings but they are still a lot cheaper than the $12 jets.

My goodness...I think you're right. Right as I read that, a vision came to me...a recollection of a video I just happened to watch about a year or so ago about this same engine. I think it may have been donyboy.

Something about the cable slipping at its anchor point or not being set up right from the factory. It didn't stick in my head because I wasn't working on anything personally at the time.

Here's a link to the money shot if someone happens to be perusing this thread in the future with a similar problem.
https://youtu.be/3FqxJGq_rQ4?t=198

I just went out there and it wouldn't start so I pulled the filter and choked it with my hand...started right up.

My apologies for not checking this from the start. I feel silly. As usual, thank you, and everyone who helped. I have a good feeling about this one but I'll post here once confirmed.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:02 pm

Lol. I almost posted last night about a choke problem. My neighbour had that issue on a kohler twin on a 3 year old unit.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:20 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Sounds like you got a choking problem.

Well, it's official. Starts and runs great. Thanks again.
lefty
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum