• Advertisement

Toro Electric Brake Module Replacement

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Toro Electric Brake Module Replacement

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:32 pm

Gentlemen when replacing the electric brake module Toro part suppliers will insist on the wiring harness to be replaced too in order to honor the module warranty. Well the whole harness don't have to be replaced if the connector and the bad terminals are replaced.

The $100 plus harness can be repaired for less than $15 even if all the wire terminals are replaced. I just repair one here on a Toro 74630. One note per Toro service manual is to not use dielectric grease on this sealed connector housing. Pretty simple once you how to remove the terminals from the housing and have an open barrel crimper to install the new terminals. The one here still got water into the connection which corroded the brake module terminal with one completely gone.

Also a piece of advice from my previous experience with these controllers don't park the mower anywhere near other equipment until you are 100% sure repairs are complete. I had one to go up in smoke with 30 minutes after installation. Since I quickly disconnected the battery I don't know if things would have been worst. My supplier didn't want to replace it using "you didn't replace the wiring harness" trick. Well I had them by the balls per say as I had also brought the harness from them at the same time.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Return to Technical Discussion Forum