• Advertisement

JD X570 muffler removal.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

JD X570 muffler removal.

Postby samcarpen » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:23 pm

With Kawasaki engine. Looks like I need to raise the engine for muffler removal. What am I missing?
samcarpen

Advertisement

Re: JD X570 muffler removal.

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:07 pm

On the FX730 I can remove the muffler while the engine is in place but they only have M8-1.25 x 18 studs and the FS730 has M8-1.25 x 30 studs. I still would think you can still remove the muffler with the engine in place; it just a challenge.

The inside nuts are fun to get off though as you need a deep well 12mm socket. Getting them back on is a pain unless you stuff the socket as the nuts are plain JIS version. Here I replace them with JIS flange nuts. Much easier for the socket to hold them right as you try to get them on the studs.

Side Note: Most M8 nuts are 13mm wrench size that you buy locally but the JIS nuts are 12mm wrench size and a lot better for the limited side clearance at the muffler mounts.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: JD X570 muffler removal.

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:54 pm

Also there are two M8 self tapping serrate flange head screws on the lower section of the muffler bolting it to the frame that must be removed.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum