• Advertisement

Battery Drain

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Battery Drain

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:46 pm

Arkie wrote:
KE4AVB wrote:Just wondering Arkie have you have one to flip charge? IF you haven't it will throw you for a loop when it happens.

What is flip charge?

Just think about it. It were positive becomes negative and negative becomes positive. And don't tell me it can't happen as I had a least batteries over the years to do it. Fried one computer system because of it in one my cars.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Battery Drain

Postby Arkie » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:19 pm

I've never seen a lead acid bat filp charge (reverse charge) on it's own in a piece of eq. :o

I accidently reverse charged a completely dead bat once with a manual adjust variable rate bat charger.
I noticed I had reverse charged it when I connected a load tester. I checked the amps capacity with the load tester as no good. :oops:
I had to completely discharge the bat to zero then when I charged with correct polarity the bat was bad on the load tester. Battery may have been bad already because it was completely dead when I first started charging for a test.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum