• Advertisement

Ban on GAS LAWNMOWERS

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Ban on GAS LAWNMOWERS

Postby Arkie » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:23 am

I seen a blurp on the news few days ago, BAN ON GAS LAWNMOWERS. :( :o
Did not get to see the follow up report. (was camped out)

Have not seen any news about such since.
Appears maybe I'm going to have to salvage my lawn tractor collection or hide them under a rock.

Anyone see any such news about such lately? ;)
Arkie
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Ban on GAS LAWNMOWERS

Postby SUKI » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:42 am

Oh it started with California announcing that they are planning on banning gas powered lawn care equipment and now other states and countries are jumping on the ban wagon. They just want to look like they are doing something about pollution yet they allow one of the most polluting industries off. The jets that fly continuously are one of the most vehicles in use. Second behind is a our electric power generating stations. then comes in the automobile industry.

I remember when 9/11 happen how clear our skies became when the aircraft and vehicles came to nearly a complete stop for several weeks.

Now they don't care how much pollution and other environmental damage they create making batteries and where the heck they going to put all the bad batteries later? It sorta like the nuclear power industry was going to be the best thing on Earth and now we got nuclear waste that is so dangerous that the storage areas are failing now.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby RoyM » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:06 am

Then there are the huge open pit liyhium mines to supply said batteries, there is no free lunch. What about the huge coal fired generating stations and hydro electric dams supplying power to recharge them. Oh wait, use diesel generators. There ya go!
California is alreasdy experiencing brown outs because the grid can't meet demand and it's going to get worse.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:09 am

SUKI wrote:Oh it started with California announcing that they are planning on banning gas powered lawn care equipment and now other states and countries are jumping on the ban wagon. They just want to look like they are doing something about pollution yet they allow one of the most polluting industries off. The jets that fly continuously are one of the most vehicles in use. Second behind is a our electric power generating stations. then comes in the automobile industry.

I remember when 9/11 happen how clear our skies became when the aircraft and vehicles came to nearly a complete stop for several weeks.

Now they don't care how much pollution and other environmental damage they create making batteries and where the heck they going to put all the bad batteries later? It sorta like the nuclear power industry was going to be the best thing on Earth and now we got nuclear waste that is so dangerous that the storage areas are failing now.

Since you mention such I also recently seen on news that to make batteries is going to involve
severe damage to the landscape to get the minerals, etc for such.

It's not a something for nothing thing.

Bottom line is: Going GREEN is mainly taking the Green from my pocket book fast.
Seems not much common sense involved in their going green thoughts. (and do not overlook the fact that the ones promoting such (going green) are only REALLY wanting to fill their pockets with our money)
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:47 am

B-i-n-g-o
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:19 pm

I see Canada's Green Party is ready to pull the pin, they have never elected anyone to parliament except their leader and are insolvent. It seems focus on the environment to the exclusion of all other issues does not translate into votes.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:50 pm

RoyM wrote:I see Canada's Green Party is ready to pull the pin, they have never elected anyone to parliament except their leader and are insolvent. It seems focus on the environment to the exclusion of all other issues does not translate into votes.

And right now anything different is due to climate change. Hybrid salmon and polar bears eating are a couple recent ones. I'm still waiting for explanation of how humans caused the ice age.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum