• Advertisement

Help with some specs on a Kawi engine

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Help with some specs on a Kawi engine

Postby RMR » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:35 pm

I needing to replace a Kohler engine on a customers Sabre rider that self ventilated the crankcase. I'm looking at buying a JD rider for it's Kawasaki FC540-FS15 E/NO FC540VA97947. I need to know the crankshaft size on the output stem, hopefully without having to "blind" buy it. I need a 1"x3.125" shaft. Spec wise, I've literally found everything but that information.
Now, I'm not just asking for that info, but more so how to find that info for in the future, since I've had this question multiple times in the past.
Thank you for your help
Chad
RMR
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Re: Help with some specs on a Kawi engine

Postby RMR » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:00 am

No one?

I did reverse research by looking up a JD GT275 PTO and found out the engine has a 1 1/8" diameter shaft which I can buy an adapter for. But still not sure of the length.
RMR
Forum Regular

Re: Help with some specs on a Kawi engine

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:25 pm

Sorry been very, very, busy in the shop....This is what Kawasaki says the FC540V specs are.

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum