• Advertisement

Ryobi Power Washer

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Ryobi Power Washer

Postby lefty » Mon May 02, 2022 11:08 am

Mod: RY80940B
Serial: 0A15072D080117

Engine: GCV190 GJAAA-7385168 N5B*

This engine has what Honda calls "idle down" feature. It appears that the governor spring is connected to the end of a cable that goes to the pump. Using a spring and pump pressure, I'm assuming that the cable moves and adjusts the tension on the governor spring allowing the engine to "idle down" when the wand is released.

The one I have here appears to have a frozen cable. The cable is anchored up on the engine at one end and then connects to a barrel-type part with orings that slides into the pump. A clip that looks like a giant wood staple holds it in place. Once removed, the barrel should slide out revealing a spring and small plate.

The problem I'm having is that as you may expect, that barrel thing is corroded in there. I've tried twisting it a bit with some pliers but I'm marring it up pretty good. If anyone has performed this operation, I would welcome some advice on removing it.

I can't seem to locate this part on the engine list or the machine list, so I apologize for not providing that. But I'll include a photo of where it enters the pump. https://photos.app.goo.gl/DtT7DEkXgUaAu4RP6

Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Ryobi Power Washer

Postby lefty » Mon May 02, 2022 7:19 pm

Just a quick update to this. I'm wondering if this idle down feature can be bypassed by connecting the spring to this anchor point as shown. I noticed this anchor point located just above the cable. You can see the end of the cable located just below where I anchored the spring. My guess is that this is the anchor point if this feature was not in play. Just a guess but thought it may be worth a try.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7ZZpVipNTWW4woLk8

Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue May 03, 2022 6:56 am

That looks about right as you just want restore normal governor function.

This the second washer that I have with this feature. One here in the junk pile due busted pump. The idle down assy is the PN 310437009 for the Hi-More pump. Doesn't show any seals coming with it. It about $55. If you got a Gardner account they are a little cheaper but not much.

Also can get one thru the following which lower than Gardner.

https://www.sepw.com/parts-lookup/parts/genuine-homelite-310437009-himore-idle-down-valve-assembl/
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Tue May 03, 2022 9:31 am

Thanks. I'm going to try it out today and see where the RPM's are at.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum