• Advertisement

Stihl FS70R Tank Pressurizes

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Stihl FS70R Tank Pressurizes

Postby Mek-a-nik » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:16 am

It’ll run on a spray of mix, but it’s not getting fuel from the tank. Pushing the purge bulb brings no fuel, but pressurizes the tank.
Inside the carb “looks” clean. I did a cursory cleaning with spray cleaner, being easy with the air hose, regarding check valve integrity.
I think it’s a check valve that’s stuck, but I don’t know much about them.
"The internal combustion orchestra; sweet music."
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Stihl FS70R Tank Pressurizes

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:06 am

Zama C1M carburetor series.

Sounds like the main nozzle check valve has failed. Due these particular versions being provided only to Stihl to only option is the replace the whole carburetor. Stihl won't even provide carburetor repair kits for most of their carburetors and has barred Zama from selling outside the Stihl network. At one time these nozzles were available but not any more.

Boy I hate it that Stihl brought a controlling interest in Zama. The last carburetor that only needed a repair kit cost over $100 to replace. My Stihl dealer did try ordering the kit but Stihl discontinued it. It is all about the moo la and they don't care about their customers any more.

It seems that a lot companies are going this route of providing poor service after the sale now using Covid-19 as an excuse for sticking it to the customers.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum