• Advertisement

briggs ohv cover. gasket or rtv

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: briggs ohv cover. gasket or rtv

Postby 38racing » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:10 pm

Wished rockauto would open a small engine parts store selling Briggs & Stratton parts at reduced rates. ;)[/quote]

Rockauto dropped the Dorman line of parts because Dorman was insisting that rockauto sell at mrsp.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:36 am

I think you mean MSRP (manufacture suggested retail price).

Sounds like Dorman wants to run Rock Auto business. As noted MSRP is only a suggested price it is the seller's option to sell below or above this depending on their business model.

Even to selling at MSRP can be a problem at times here because the different between it and cost is simply too small to make a profit. MTD distributor prices are very close to suggested retail so rework the price files to add a mark up of my own. Both of my MTD distributors add a surcharge for credit card use. One is currently at 2.5% and the other is at 1.5% for the fees. But both have increased shipping fees. Now they do have fee ship price levels. Even then one is now tacking on 1.87 fee on all orders. I was using MSRP here as I am small and needed the extra profit but the distributor has nearly made that impossible with their cut throat pricing.

And A&I distributor has even gone to a level on shipping where they are charging full UPS rates even though they get a discount on shipping rates. They does have a free ship level too but last year I missed it by $4 and was charged over $45 for shipping. Since they are an aftermarket parts provider I had severely cut purchases from them. At least they were reasonable to buy from as shipping was manageable but not now especially when they are higher than Stens on the parts. The sales rep thought he would be smart and take three weeks to get in touch with me on the purchase several rolls chainsaw chain and thought lying to me when he did was good. Well that cost them a half year of sales and gave Stens a foothold in my business. Now this year they started threatening me with termination of the account if I don't buy $2000 in in parts. Well it is nearly impossible currently to make the free level purchases so I basically have already quit them. I am not to make purchases just to make them happy when I don't need the parts as what coming in has now changed a lot.

A similar thing happen with Gardner last year as they offered but refused to change how I paid for my parts when started charging a convenience fee for using a credit/debit card. I flat refused to pay the additional fee so they lost six months of business and gave their competitor a better foot hold in my business. They finally gave and converted my over but RBI done got a strangle hold on the sales. Besides Gardner would only give me a $1000 credit line and me having to mail checks for payments which take up to two weeks. Where RBI lets me do electronic checks through Codis.

Stens even moved me to a higher discount level to help me out.

Plus I am also buying a lot more parts through Amazon lately due to the pricing and shipping costs.

But currently I am at a standstill with my Master Card as the current payment will not be processed for two weeks and then mailed to Dayton,Oh which will take up to another week. I am at my $2000 credit limit so purchase are now on hold. Boy a pain to switch banking. Plus My credit union in Dayton was sold to another one and their system will not allow me to setup another external account so electronic payments can processed quickly. So even the credit unions are showing their behinds this year. I had changed over because the local bank decided to start charging a fee for business account just because they added a feature that I don't need and that was payroll processing.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:38 am

a couple of places I've bought automotive pars have 10% off site wide days eith exceptions. weathertech and curt are always on the list. now since rockauto sell curt I should price compare next time as usually all curt dealers seem to be same price.

and in my head I actually said manufacturer retail suggested price .lol trying to confirm I had the acronym right.
38racing
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum