• Advertisement

Kohler CV680-3016 problem

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Kohler CV680-3016 problem

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:09 pm

I haven't gotten back to the engine yet. I spent about 16 hrs on a Kawasaki 3010's Kawasaki FD620D-AV50 engine repair just to find it won't not start right away. I finally found the area of the new problem and it appears to be carburetor related. Of course now I got to readjust the valves again as I tried adjusting them to get the engine to run when all along it was just not idled up enough the start and run, If I hold the gas pedal part way to the floor it will start.

It probably all gummed with the bad oil and water that was through out the engine.

Hopefully I putting the 3010 off until next week so I can get some of the other equipment out. Of course Honda 450 will on the back burner too as I got to order a $150 tool so I can torque a nut to 80ft/lbs.

I will try to the Yazoo deck rebuild done, the Exmark carburetor replaced, the Toro drive system repaired (whole rear fender pan has to come off just to get one nut) and a pressure washer pump all done Saturday provided the rain holds off.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:10 pm

Glad to report that I just got off the mower. And yes the new carburetor fixed the problem of flooding under heavy load. I was just whacking off 5+ inches of grass plus I cutting over discharged grass in the same 8+" grass loading the deck even more as I chopping up my cuttings and new grass too

So that Exmark is out the door next week. Hopefully the starter will not give anymore problems. It is borderline bad.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:24 pm

Today I cut even taller grass and double cut the clippings without problems. Just a slight deck overload but I expect that from a deck designed for mulching.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum