• Advertisement

Cub Cadet Tractor Model number diagram lookup??

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Cub Cadet Tractor Model number diagram lookup??

Postby dart451 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:10 pm

Anyone know the secret to looking up the Model numbers on Cub Cadet tractors? I type in the Model number at Cub Cadet website, Jack's, nothing comes up! At least Sears has always been easy to find parts! (Cub Cadet Tractor
13W0A1C009 ser.1L034H60118)
dart451
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Cub Cadet Tractor Model number diagram lookup??

Postby bgsengine » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:20 pm

Some of them are only ever listed by the "Hood" model (such as LT1050) so if you can't seem to find the exact VIN model (making sure you are not mis-reading an "o" as a "Zero" or a B mistaken for an 8, and the like) you can also try and see if the "Hood Model" comes up - (the model label on the hood or fender)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby dart451 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:46 pm

Think I figured it out...the Q's in the model number are almost impossible to read!
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:42 pm

Are you sure about the model? What I am finding is XT1-LT 50 (13WQA1CQ009) on the Cub Cadet website. And you need the complete model number for look ups.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:17 am

Yes thank you! I guess I'm so used to just putting in the (Sears) model number and walla! Information just jumps out at you! lol I was able to find it but it does take some digging and like you said, if you don't have the complete model number, you won't find anything!
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:30 pm

Here is a link to some good Cub Cadet info: (for finding IPLS) and info:
Yes, sometimes the Cub Cadet site takes some worming around, especially if using Microsoft Edge browser.

As bsengine mentions you can use the hood model number at this site in the link below at partstree.com. For example I was doing a engine swap on a Cub Cadet LTX1046vt (2009) from a Briggs Intek to a Kohler CV624 (the Cub used both engines on this frame and I wanted to review electrical and mechanical. To my surprise I could use the electric clutch from the Briggs onto the Kohler, the electrical wiring was same including the power plugs. I only needed the Kohler exhaust system for the swap. When searching for the LTX1046VT series of tractors I had to drop the VT because this would take me to the VERTICAL Twin Briggs series and I was looking for the Kohler engine series. 1046 VT=Briggs, 1046M=Kohler, 1046KW=Kawasaki
I stumbled onto the info I needed at parts tree. the link is below for my LTX1046.
Really a bummer that Cub Cadet puts the Model and serial number on a paper tag on the bottom of the seat bracket. If new seat is installed the info is gone/gone or if anyone uses a seat from another machine the model and serial will be incorrect for the machine.

Try using your hood model number from the hood and you can get the year from your serial number. You can also compare any difference in parts changes going by years of manu.

For example here is some of the info I stumbled across for my LTX1046 machine.
Cub Cadet LTX 1046 link to 40 different models
Can use as a comparison for engine swaps, parts for different years, etc.

2009 and up
Parts Lookup and OEM Diagrams | PartsTree (Microsoft edge link)

Google Chrome link:
https://www.partstree.com/search/?type= ... 64ae8bb056
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:45 am

be careful using the hood model. mtd has used over years that actually had changes. I bought wrong blades for my neighbour's columbia 50" but luckily they fit my own older white 50".
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:03 am

38racing wrote:be careful using the hood model. mtd has used over years that actually had changes. I bought wrong blades for my neighbour's columbia 50" but luckily they fit my own older white 50".

Exactly why I insist on model/serial tags but there cases where I have use the hood numbers in a last ditch effort to get the right parts as some mower had the decals on the seats and the owner had change out the seat. IT is a real gamble when it comes to this level on finding the right parts.

It is same with engines where they have the numbers on the shrouds. Kohler engines specially like losing the decals. If it is a regular customer had the mower in the shop before I can get lucky as I might have already recorded the numbers. Pressure washers have a bad habit blowing off the decals.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:42 am

38racing wrote:be careful using the hood model. mtd has used over years that actually had changes. I bought wrong blades for my neighbour's columbia 50" but luckily they fit my own older white 50".

If they do not have the original model and serial number tag I most generally do not even attempt repairs on their machine.

Right about getting deck parts using the hood model:
For example I was going to take two Cub Cadet decks that at a glance looked the same for this LTX1046VT and make one good one BUT:
The Cub Cadet LTX1046 has several SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT decks that are labeled as 46 inch in the IPL but some of the blades are 5 star, some 6 star mounting pattern, some the blades are slightly different lengths and the deck spindle drive pulleys are slightly different diameter even though they are for the same tractor. I have two 46 inch Cub Cadet decks for this LTX1046VT and the blades, spindles are not interchangeable. (and the decks have no model or reference number on them)
The previous owner had several parts on the tractor and the decks mixed up and tried to use the wrong parts to the point that he was constantly ruining costly deck belts and he got sick with a bad taste in his mouth of the machine and Cub.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum