• Advertisement

Kawasaki FD620D-AV50

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kawasaki FD620D-AV50

Postby KE4AVB » Sat May 28, 2022 9:17 pm

Well I just ran into my Kawasaki engine that they did not put the governor inside the engine but instead it is in the gear box. Still thinking about how they control the engine speed when the CVT system is not turning the gear box.

Now of course this is in a Kawasaki 3010 Mule UTV. Massive water in the crankcase problem so much so that the muck was running out the air filter and muffler. Just torn the engine down today cylinders were already trying to rust, rings are shot. Connecting are shot from lack proper lubing. Camshaft rusted up. And of course all the gaskets have to be replaced. Some idiot replace the plug wires and didn't even do that right as they just fell off when I was removing the engine. Now when I get the engine done I still got to replace the front four CV boots. Parking brakes hanging up. And there is an oil leak on the gear box.

Oh the joy if working on an UTV; at least it is not an ATV.

Then there is the FX850V that I also tore down today that was losing oil pressure. Everything related to the oil pump is right at the reject point so I think that is the source with it drop oil pressure down 15 psi when hot triggering a low oil pressure alert. I am embarrassed that I couldn't pickup this engine high enough to put it on the work bench, had to use the shop crane. I reckon I am getting weaker at 62. Now of course the engine is over 100 lbs.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Kawasaki FD620D-AV50

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:31 am

Just closing out this thread...

Finally getting the Kawasaki 3010 out of the shop this coming week. I had got everything back together and it would not start. Come to find out the previous had use RTV to seal the carburetor instead the proper gaskets so I had to rework the carburetor. That threw a monkey wrench into the project. Well that got pass that mess and then the darn electric fuel pump started leaking. Today maybe I get it finally fix as the fuel pump arrived Friday.

I am so glad that this PITA is going out the shop. But I know the operator is going to scream when he gets the bill as it is nearly 2K.

I ran into a delay on the FX850 as I found the exhaust valve stem seals bad. Oh well Murphy must have came by. Those parts also came in Friday so it back on the bench again.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum