• Advertisement

Mtd grease again

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Mtd grease again

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 am

To me any lube is better than none.

If I kept every different spec lube including oils in stock I would need a whole new storage building. But since I have very limited storage space I have limited what is in inventory but there are special cases that only a certain lube works. Like some the equipment I work specs only a certain oil. Currently it is a Honda ATV that you can't use synthetic oil in it due to the wet clutch setup. Same with a Kubota UTV that requires the UTD2 oil; same type of wet clutching.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:57 am

Lol. I just reread the ipl. It says if rebuilding the upper housing to put 2 oz of the unirex n3 in the shaft cavity. It's not saying that for rest of it, just 14 oz grease found locally. Ironically this ipl no parts to rebuild the upper assembly, just replace entire unit. Maybe a hold over from older ipl.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

38. Haven't learned already that OEMs are changing things around to where you either kill off an unit or buy the more expensive (more for them) part?
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:13 pm

Hi 38

Go to your local John Deere dealership and buy or have them order in a couple of tubes of JD AN102562 Corn Head Grease. This grease is formulated for running in enclosed gear cases and moves around the gears for constant lubrication. For wheel bearings, mower deck spindle bearings and the like, I use JD TY6341: Multi-Purpose (SD) Polyurea Grease. Hope this helps,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby 38racing » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:24 am

Skywatcher wrote:Hi 38

Go to your local John Deere dealership and buy or have them order in a couple of tubes of JD AN102562 Corn Head Grease. This grease is formulated for running in enclosed gear cases and moves around the gears for constant lubrication. For wheel bearings, mower deck spindle bearings and the like, I use JD TY6341: Multi-Purpose (SD) Polyurea Grease. Hope this helps,

Sky

My exact plan for today. I have a part tube already. They had it in stock when I bought it a few years back.
38racing
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum