• Advertisement

JD E110 eating deck belts

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: JD E110 eating deck belts

Postby 38racing » Mon May 27, 2024 7:15 am

So with the 102 belt, even though seems to fit the engagement arm is not moving enough to disengage the brakes, even though pads are probably worn to half. Looks likes using long belt is only way brakes can disengage and as discussed much earlier maybe I'll have to do something to move the currently stationary mounting point for the engagement cable.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon May 27, 2024 12:58 pm

was tallking to my auto mechanic. He had same problem with his parents deere. Recalls that he had to bend the belt guides at the engine pulley right back against the pulley. Not sure if he fiddled with brakes too.
another thought is that if I move the engagement mounting bracket to increase engaement arm movement then belt would be slightly less loose when disengaged?
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed May 29, 2024 7:58 pm

Put new belt on. Messed up on the guide pin setup on engine pulley. Hard to remove as sits in notches on a plate ahead of steering sector. One side angled in, other was straight. Made wrong decision and straightthe angled side. Heck of time getting it back on. Succeeded but then realized if both sides angled it then removal and installation would maybe be easier and pins would be closer to pulley. Can't get it off lol. Had to stop for supper and now back is stiff. Going to jig some blocks so I can bend i place with c clamp. Ordered the adjustable cable anchor from local husqvarna dealer.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed May 29, 2024 9:29 pm

So I just found a picture of the guide pin . For doe reason deere calls it a drive belt guide but it's clearly guiding the deck belt. It is straight on one side and angled on the other, pretty much as it was when I took it off. So another avenue to fixing it has evaporated.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu May 30, 2024 5:40 am

You got me lost as the part you referring to. Can you post more info like an image of where it is located on the IPL?
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:41 pm

KE4AVB wrote:You got me lost as the part you referring to. Can you post more info like an image of where it is located on the IPL?

been busy so haven't uploaded part picture but it's just the u shaped belt guide around the engine pulley.
actuallyy you might see here as part 18
https://www.weingartz.com/assembly-diag ... 452-419201

With some difficulty I removed it and it was funny. One side was straight and one angled in. So I go ahead and straighten the angle side which actually complicated re-install. So research and as per ipl one side is angled and one straight. Ignoring that I angled both in. But I don't think that is the problem.
With the JD length belt installed I was testing with deck level where he likely sets it, maybe he goes even lower. Well I did not like the noise I was hearing and vibration I was sensing. I lifted deck a couple positions and noise and vibration were gone. When I dropped it off I told his wife to tell him not to change the deck level. My theory is that lowering deck results in shifting and the engagement pulley backs off , loosening the belt and maybe engaging the brakes. I suspect that it also allows the belt to bounce enough on the spindle pulleys to allow the belt to cut those grooves in the the plastic covers. I've ordered the HQ adjustable engagement anchor from a local dealer that I can have the belt tighter at full engagement. Hopefully I can get him to cut higher. My test cut with the noise was way too short in my opinion. In hindsight I should have looked closer at what height changes were actually doing but he was anxious to get it back and I had lost a couple days with a stiff back.
38racing
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum