• Advertisement

SearsPartsDirect Problem

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

SearsPartsDirect Problem

Postby SUKI » Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:58 am

Anyone else having problem with these idiots? Normally I don't do business with Sears because of past problems but I thought I give them another chance and they screw up yet again.

Mine is that I ordered a carburetor that was supposedly in stock. On the day it was to arrive they changed the status to back ordered. Wait two weeks checking everyday stayed on back ordered status then Sunday it gets switched to order canceled yet the their system is now showing the part back in stock.

The item was prepaid so they are now holding up my refund but I am demanding them to instate the order and send the carburetor as I already been waiting 6 weeks in total fort the carb. Four weeks with Gardner which I canceled because Sears said they had it in stock.

What a lousy way to do business.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Re: SearsPartsDirect Problem

Postby bgsengine » Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:08 am

You do know that Searspartsdirect is becoming like ebay and walmart - offering their website as a platform for third party sellers (Sears itself is just a shell of its former self) So you can no longer depend on any of the parts being what is advertised - Often you will be getting aftermarket parts shipped at OEM prices, Incorrect parts (Bad interchanges, etc) , poor quality items, and as you found, inconsistent availability.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby SUKI » Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:38 am

I can tell you one thing they have lost me as a customer. If I can get this straighten out this morning so I can get the part that will clear up this order. If not then I got call my customer and explain that I not going to be able to repair his chainsaw due to vendor problems. It bad when a 2017 saw can't be repaired because the vendors and OEMs can't get their acts together.

The economic news is things are slowing down when the factories got orders that they won't fill. They just don't want to produce parts and trying force to buy all new stuff.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby SUKI » Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:50 pm

Well I called them for an explanation and they had none, just excuses. I ask someone to call me and they didn't call just sent an email credit my PayPal account. Then they sent an email Husqvarna will have the part Aug 16 and for me to re-order. Well that cost them another 3% of the order amount as PayPal gave me automatic 3% off on top the 10% I was already getting. Plus they got to refund the sale taxes.

Definitely will avoid SearsPartsDirect from now on after this order is filled. I was going order a couple more seats form them but forget that.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Technical Discussion Forum