• Advertisement

JD E110 eating deck belts

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: JD E110 eating deck belts

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:40 am

I have might have overlooked this but if you using after market belts that may be the problem as they would be of the wrong dimensions.

The current OEM belt specs is LGTH = 2635 mm, TK = 10.9 mm, WIDTH = 14.4mm. That would make the belts about 9/16 wide. Most after markets would be 13mm wide( 1/2" belts). So I would think a slightly shorter aftermarket Kevlar would be needed. Something like MTD 954-04219 (1/2 x 103.25)(Rotary 12790, Stens 265-216). This would basically be only a 1/2 shorter but would offset the width problem as the belt would sit deeper in the pulleys.

And burned sections of the current indicates jamming or slippage. A 102 is just plain too short. Deck clogging with is one possible source
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:56 am

Currently using aftermarket claiming to be the oem length. I tried the mtd and oem. Both failed the same way. I didn't find enough grass around pulleys to think it jammed the belt. I'm thinking maybe the covers since they were worn from the overly loose belt situation. Hence I am replacing them again. Last thing is this rolling side hill he cuts. Could the deck be shifting somehow and jamming something. Maybe I can get him not to cut it for awhile as a test.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:23 am

I was thinking of clogging inside the deck. With tall grass I had several decks here this year to clog up and had to be cleared. My grass has gotten out of control due to time restraints, health related issues, and rain.

But as you said it got to be something we are missing here.

I do know I have belt quality problems this year for some reason. Stens in the past has been good belts but starting last year they started failing a lot. I got one in the shop now that just got his third belt. Two were Stens that only last 6 months so I am trying a PIX/Oregon deck belt. Actually order as a PIX but the belt has an Oregon number on it. I do kinda blame this one on him trying to use the mower as a bush hog.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum