• Advertisement

Kohler Plus Website

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kohler Plus Website

Postby sawman » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:28 pm

Just a heads up to users here who log into Kohler Plus as a guest. Beginning Monday April 4 a new website will be launched and there will no longer be a guest login. If there are any materials you want to download, now is the time to do it.
sawman

Advertisement

Re: Kohler Plus Website

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:45 pm

Well isn't that just lovely. That how I look-up most of my Kohler parts and service info. I'll see if they will give me a login and password to use.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:30 am

From Kohler correspondence with me.

You can access KOHLER illustrated parts lists at http://www.KohlerEnginesParts.com. Service and owner's manuals are available at http://www.KohlerEngines.com

The problem with the Kohler Engine Parts is that the part selection buttons are hidden from view or at least that how is here on both Firefox and IE. I finally out how select the button items when my bird bump the mouse and the mouse pointer icon changed to the select icon in a blank area.

The username and password are only needed when ordering parts and for those that don't have one you can setup one once you put an item in the cart and start the checkout. But as I said you got be able select the parts to even put the parts in the cart and those hidden buttons should not be hidden. I just tried looking up the ipl for the SV620-3215 I can't even select it via the hidden buttons. Dumb Dumb in my opinion.

Also we will not able to access the service bulletins through either of the above sites which is needed sometimes as updated parts are received without the paperwork.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby sawman » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:55 am

Kohler Engine Parts .com is a consumer website. Kohler Plus is a Dealer Portal which will be accessible to the public until 4/4/16. If you want access you can become a Kohler Dealer which is a lot easier easier than it used to be.
sawman

Postby bgsengine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:44 am

Kohler is also doing away with the snap-on parts lookup and moving to ARI parts lookup as well so you pretty much get the same thing any online website that has an ARI parts lookup.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Mr Mower Man » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:56 pm

I just checked out the new Kohler Plus site. Honestly, I hate it. I personally like the IPL's broken down into sections. Now there's just a master assembly that shows me on one page every part in the engine. Not a fan at all. I thought the old Kohler Plus was better. Try to find a replacement carburetor on a CV730-0043 and see how you like it. The parts list seems a little screwed up to me. Never had this trouble on the old Kohler Plus.
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:15 am

New and improved isn't always better. Sounds users will be spending more searching and less time actually repairing for a while. I liked the old system but I don't have opinion of the new system as I am now locked out.

It took me 30 minutes the other day just to find a deck engagement cable PN on Husqvarna ZTR. You would think it would be shown and listed with the deck assembly but it was listed under the Ignition. About gave up and email support when I thought of just downloading the IPL from Husqvarna and use the word search on the PDF.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:50 am

Mr Mower Man wrote: Try to find a replacement carburetor on a CV730-0043 and see how you like it. The parts list seems a little screwed up to me. Never had this trouble on the old Kohler Plus.
Well... maybe try reading over the Quick Reference guide they provide first, paying special attention to the "Tip"'s - took me all of 30 seconds to find : 24 853 102-S
KIT,CARB (W/REDUCD VOL ACC PUMP)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Mr Mower Man » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:11 am

What did you do, use the Control F search function? I tried that in some other specs, and that method of looking for a replacement carburetor seemed to work. But I still say it's screwed up. The illustration was worthless to me.
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:02 am

Mr Mower Man wrote:What did you do, use the Control F search function? I tried that in some other specs, and that method of looking for a replacement carburetor seemed to work. But I still say it's screwed up. The illustration was worthless to me.

Yep - CTRL-F and then start typing "Carb" and check out the 4 results (gaskets, kit, etc) - Kohler refers to their carb kits as simply "rebuild kit" (andthey are located elsewhere) while they usually refer to carburetor assemblies as "Carburetor Kit" so just have to try a few variations with the ctrl-f They don't *ALWAYS* have the carb listed with the 853 part number (just usually) and likewise, repair kits and gasket sets, etc are typically a "755" part number

Just realizing that, it helps to try and vary search letters in ctrl-f to alternative variations to what you might commonly think of a part as..

One nice thing - they now have a way to find an engine with just the Engine Family coding - you'd be surprised (or maybe not) how many customers call in and give that engine family code as the engine model number..

Same way I use most parts lookups if I think I am on the right page, I hardly even look at the drawing - I'll hit ctrl-f and find the number (partial) or the part name, etc - with Hot Spots turned on when you click on the part in the list it will then "flash" the item ID in the drawing. Keyboard shortcuts rule.. :bricks:
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum